Ready for a new roof? Understanding how contractors replace a roof will help you and your family prepare for this home-improvement project. Though it may seem daunting, the truth is the most roof replacements can be done in just a single day, so you don’t have to worry about a lengthy roofing process taking over your life for days or weeks on end. Here, we walk you through what to expect from the new roof process, from beginning to end.
- Point of Contact: The first step, of course, is for you to call or email us, at which time we will arrange a convenient time to come out to your home, meet with you, and discuss your options. We’ll get up on your roof and perform a careful audit of its current condition so we can provide you with most accurate estimate possible. During our meeting, we’ll provide you with an in-depth education on the roofing process, along with the many options you have available. We’ve been in business for over 35 years, and when we started, selecting a new roof was a relatively simple process. But today, there are thousands of options to consider, from materials to colors and textures, as well as benefits such as enhanced warranties. With your budget in mind, we’ll walk you through them to ensure you get the most for your investment.
- Scheduling: Once you’ve decided on your new roof’s options and features, we’ll schedule your roof’s replacement at a time that’s convenient for you. The roofing process varies depending on the size and pitch of your roof as well as its current condition. Most roofs can be replaced very quickly, but sometimes, there are unexpected issues, such as damaged plywood under your shingles, that we can’t foresee. Other times, weather may be a factor in delaying the new roof process. However, in most cases, we can replace a roof in a single day.
- Preparation: Once we arrive, we’ll take care to cover your plants and grass with tarps to protect them from falling debris. However, you should take some steps before we arrive. Relocate any lawn furniture, grills, or other outdoor objects away from the area below the roof. inside your home, remove heavy and breakable objects from shelves, take down artwork from your walls and remove light fixtures that hang from your ceilings. This is because the roofing process creates strong vibrations that may damage these kinds of unsecured items in your home.
- Planning: While you’re welcome to remain at home during the new roof installation process, you may find that the noise and vibrations too much to deal with. Consider taking a day trip with your entire family, including your pets, who will probably be scared by the noise, especially if left alone. If you do stay home, please don’t allow your children or pets outside unsupervised at any time, as this will be an active and dangerous construction zone.
- Process: So, how do we replace a roof on in just one day? We’ll begin by tearing off the old shingles and sheathing and performing a careful assessment of the wood underneath. We’ll consult you about any unexpected repairs that need to be made as we work, and will replace any damaged wood before laying down the new roof. though we work quickly, we work very carefully, and you’ll be impressed by our attention to detail, professionalism, and quality of workmanship.
Now that you know how to replace a roof and all that goes into the new roof process, you’re probably excited to get started. We are, too! So, give George J. Keller and Sons a call today at 973-927-0963 — we look forward to working with you!